What is Acrobat Reader? It’s a program by Adobe that allows you to view and fill in pdf forms created with Adobe Acrobat and Adobe LiveCycle. P.D.F stands for Portable Document Format. It is extremely popular across the world to share forms and documents across the web https://www.altoconvertwordtopdf.com/.
The need for Digital Signature
Now, I am going to give instructions on how to set up a digital signature in Adobe
Acrobat Reader DC for free. But why do you need a digital signature for the documents? Often you need to certify that an information is correct and authentic on a document when you can’t be there in person. A digital signature that locks the documents lets the reader know that the information you sent to them hasn’t been edited by anyone but you. Digital signatures have the power to lock a document if the person sets it up correctly. Here are the steps to set up a unique digital signature safely:
- First, open Acrobat Reader and navigate to edit on the menu and select “Preferences” at the bottom. For a pro tip, select Ctrl+K on the keyboard to bring up the preferences window.
- Once on the preferences window, under the “Categories” section on the left side, choose “Signatures”.
- Then on the right-hand side under “Identities and trusted certificates”, click the “More” button.
- Under the “Digital ID and Trusted Certificate” settings window that pops up, ensure that the “Digital ID category” is selected and click “Add ID”. A new window pops up with a name “Add Digital ID”.
- Choose a “New digital ID I want to create now” and click “Next”.
- Choose new “PKCS#12” digital ID file and click “Next”.
- Now, fill in the personal details of your digital ID. For “Name”, enter your full name. For “Organizational unit”, enter your organization name like Accounting or Human resources. For “Organization name”, enter your organization a name like XYZ Malik. For “Email address”, enter your email address. Choose your “Country/ Region” and leave the “Key algorithm” at its default value. Under “Use digital ID” for, choose a digital signature. Click on the “Next” button. If you think that you have made a mistake, click on the back button and you can edit anytime.
- After this, choose the Password for your digital signature that only you know. Type it once in a “Password” box and again in “Confirm password” box. I recommend leaving the file name field set at its default. When you have finished entering your password, click “Finish”. You new ID shows up in the windows and can be used to digitally sign documents.
- Have a try yourself by making a text field that you can fill in and digital signature field that will lock the text field once you’ve signed with your new signature.
Also if you want to remove the signature, right clock on the signature and click on the clear signature option.